Have you been injured in an accident involving a commercial truck and need the help of a truck accident lawyer? Truck accident claims can be more complicated than regular automobile accidents, so when hiring a San Diego truck accident attorney, you should find someone who understands the complexities of truck accident cases. The lawyers at Laureti & Associates are equipped and ready to walk you through your options and get you the compensation you deserve.
While you might not think you need a lawyer, it’s best to hire an experienced attorney for several reasons:
- The Trucking Sector Has Multiple Rules and Regulations: The trucking sector is highly regulated by federal and state regulatory agencies. Testing for things like sleep apnea and truck driver behavior is done before drivers are allowed on the road. Because of this, it might be harder to prove negligence as the reason for the crash.
- There May Be More Parties Involved: If you suffer serious injuries from a truck accident, you may be entitled to compensation from the at-fault party. However, to be compensated, you must show that the responsible party breached duty of care which led to your physical or emotional harm. In most cases, the trucking company is responsible for the damages. But sometimes, it might fall on another party. Your attorney will assess the accident to determine the at-fault party, which can include the following entities:
- Truck Driver
- Truck Manufacturer
- State Government
- Loading Company
- Insurance Companies Aren’t On Your Side: The trucking company’s insurer isn’t on your side. They will do everything possible to reduce their potential liability and protect their bottom line. They can make lowball offers or drag your claim out for years to make you settle for less. An experienced truck accident attorney will negotiate with insurance companies to grant you a fair settlement.
- Complex Negotiations: Filing a truck accident claim is stressful and time-consuming, and there are ongoing legal issues and paperwork to deal with. If you sustained serious injuries in your accident, you might not be in a condition to participate in these complicated proceedings and negotiations. Having a qualified lawyer on your side can alleviate some stress, making it easier for you to recover.
- Better Legal Strategy: No two truck accidents are the same. Every case requires a unique approach. A highly skilled truck attorney can develop an appropriate legal strategy tailored to your case to ensure the best possible outcomes.
Contact a San Diego Truck Accident Attorney
The truck accident attorneys at Laureti & Associates have over 31 years of experience handling truck accident cases. They continue to provide aggressive legal representations to their clients across San Diego, California. Call us at (619) 389-2794 to schedule a free consultation with Anthony Laureti, our lead truck accident attorney.